A simple picture image can attract immediate interest from an online audience.
There’s no question that some graphics have a clear, built-in advantage over text. People are immediately drawn to colors and design elements in a way that text can’t often replicate.
One key element that business leaders really need to harness is infographics.
Infographics can convey so much information and data in simple images. They can be a big help in generating leads for businesses and professional practices.
They stand out, and make your online content much more interesting.
In fact, they help you stand out from your online competitors if used strategically.
What’s an Infographic?
An infographic packs some pretty complex information into one visual representation. A railway map of branch lines and stations is an infographic. So is a graph comparing poll numbers in elections or showing data variations. So are charts, histograms, diagrams, and so on. Even Egyptian hieroglyphics on walls are infographics.
An infographic can enhance our ability to see and take in information. Thus the visual impact of effective infographics can be a powerful weapon in your bid to generate leads and contacts. Yes, you can definitely generate leads with infographics – IF you know how to go about it.
Reasons Infographics Work
- Humans absorb information so much faster through visual means than any other. It’s been said that up to 90% of information we receive and absorb is through visual media.
- Let’s face it, attention spans these days are short. People are more quickly enthused and engaged by an eye-catching graphic than by a bunch of text.
- You need to grab attention. We all have smartphones, tablets and computers for everything, so it’s about getting attention for your information rather than making people go find it.
- People can remember an image sometimes more than they can remember what they read.
- A good infographic can convey complex information in a simple format.
- A memorable infographic can help boost its publisher’s profile and image.
- A good infographic can be shared around quickly. So be sure you include a logo and URL because without these you’ll not have any lead generation from your cool infographic.
Ensuring Social Sharing Generates Leads
Getting shares, likes and page views out of your infographic is great. But it may not necessarily be enough for leads…
First, you have to grab attention. Then you must encourage action, not only to call/email you, but preferably something interactive. For example, click to enter a prize draw or to get answers to trivia questions. Or to download an app. Or include how-to information to resolve a problem frequently faced by consumers.
Make the infographic(s) not only engaging but responsive to customer needs and desires. Only then can your infographic become a potent source of lead generation.
Know your target audience and think about what interests it most. Of course you must think about what your business does best, but priority should go to grabbing attention based on what customers want.
You’d be amazed what goes viral. Be creative and even a bit crazy. Absurd things get attention and often stick in people’s minds, precisely because they are so unusual and unexpected. If you were a plumber, for example, you’re more likely to have an infographic go viral if it is a whimsical look at the history of toilets, not about your pricing.
Infographics and SEO
The goal of SEO campaigns is becoming increasingly correlated with brand recognition as Google’s algorithms strive to pick out popular and relevant content with greater precision. Infographics can be a vital tool here because they can penetrate a wide range of online spaces, from social media profiles to email inboxes to text messages and beyond.
Infographics can also be recycled into other online content over time, thus boosting a business’s SEO profile and increasing the potential for lead generation outside its usual marketplace.
More importantly, if you’re not sure how to go about infographics for your lead generation purposes, get assistance from marketing experts who specialize in online trends and campaign principles. It’s so worth it.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Results Professional Marketing and a clickable link back to this page.